You and Your Estate Plan—Have You Covered All Bases?
Have you prepared your Estate Plan (i.e. Will or Trust) and, if you have, have you covered all bases? Have you explored all alternatives? Attorney, Timothy D. Good, will cover some of the most common (and costly) errors individuals routinely make in their Estate Plan. He will also address many popular and important questions including:
- Should I plan my estate using a Will or a Trust? What is the difference?
- What is probate? Should I be concerned?
- How do I plan for a child who has special needs or who is a spendthrift?
- How do I protect my child’s inheritance from their creditors or from a bad spouse?
- How do I protect my estate from unscrupulous creditors?
- Who should I name as the Executor or Trustee of my Estate?
- What are estate taxes and inheritance taxes and do they apply to my estate?
- Should I put my child (or children) on my accounts as a joint owner?
- What is the best way to name my beneficiaries on my retirement accounts?
- How much can I gift every year?
- What medical directives are necessary if I become mentally incapacitated?
- Can’t I just use a Will or Trust kit (available on the internet) to plan my estate?
- If I use a lawyer to prepare my Estate Plan, how much will it cost me?